If you're looking for a diet to help you lose weight, burn fat, improve your health, there is a perfect diet called keto.
You've probably heard of the keto diet, but maybe you aren’t sure what it is, how it works, or how to get started.
This 7-day keto diet sample meal plan is here to introduce you to the diet so you can see if it's for you.
Before we get to it, let's backtrack a bit.
What Is Keto Diet?
The keto or ketogenic diet is a low-carb eating plan that puts your body into a state of ketosis.
It's a state where the body uses fat as its primary source of fuel instead of carbohydrates. By unlocking the stored fat and using it as a fuel, you burn more fat and decrease your body fat.
To achieve this, the keto diet has you drastically cut carbs and increase healthy fats.
In short, keto is a low-carb, high-fat diet with an adequate amount of protein.
-- image --
To be more precise, when you are on the keto diet, your macros look something like this:
- Fats =65-75% of your calories
- Protein = 15-30% of your calories
- Carbs = 5-10% of your calories
As extreme as this may seem, the keto diet has bee medically tested and proven beneficial for health.
It has so far been linked to weight loss, reversing type 2 diabetes, and managing blood sugar levels.
Since the keto diet menu follows a strict guideline, having a sample meal plan can make things easier.
It takes the guesswork out of choosing which carbs are keto approved and which are not.
It also removes the headache of thinking how much to eat to be in the state of ketosis.
That's all built into this Keto Meal Plan.
It takes all keto restrictions and macro ratios and drives your body into ketosis and stay there.
Just by following this, you can automatically put your body in the fat-burning zone a.k.a. ketosis.
Here is a 7-day sample keto diet menu to get started on the keto diet and ignite your fat burning.
In conjunction with the keto diet menu, here is your "keto diet food list".
Keto Diet Food List
It'll be a handy guide for food shopping for the meals.
The following keto foods are part of this 7-day meal plan.
- Grass-fed beef (organic preferred, eggs).
- Fish and seafood (salmon, shrimps )
- Dark meat chicken (organic preferred).
- Beef (organic preferred)
Even though 75% of calories come from fat on the keto diet, you still need protein. Just make sure you consume them in moderation.
Oil and Fats:
- Avocado oil
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Ghee butter
- Heavy cream
- Full-fat Greek yogurt
Fruits and Veggies:
- Leafy greens (kale, spinach, bell pepper broccoli, lettuce, and arugula)
- Bell peppers
Nuts and Seeds:
- Brazil nuts
- Pine nuts
- Flax seeds
- Chia seeds
- Nut butter
- Coconut chips
- Cheddar cheese
- Feta cheese
- Other cheese of your choice
- Almond milk
- Bone Broth
- Plain tea
- Black coffee
This is not a comprehensive keto diet food list. It just covers the foods in this 7-day meal plan.
7-Day Keto Diet Menu Sample
Here's your 7-Day sample Keto Diet meal plan for weight loss. The key is to stay high-fat, low-carb, with a moderate amount of protein.
- Breakfast: Scrambled egg lettuce wrap with avocado and cilantro
- Snack: Nuts Lunch: kale salad with grilled chicken with olive oil dressing.
- Snack: bell pepper with guacamole
- Dinner: Steak with cauliflower rice
- Breakfast: Baked egg in an avocado cup
- Snack: Macadamia nuts
- Lunch: Tuna salad with a side of green salad
- Snack: Sliced cheese or cold cut turkey roll-ups
- Dinner: Chinese Beef and broccoli
- Breakfast: Full-fat Greek yogurt topped with chia seeds and crushed walnuts
- Snack: Turkey jerky (look for no added sugar type)
- Lunch: Cauliflower fried rice
- Snack: Sliced cheese
- Dinner: Roast beef with sautéed mushroom and zucchini
- Breakfast: Blackberry protein shake with kale and almond butter
- Snack: Zucchini parmesan chips
- Lunch: Chicken tenders made with almond flour on a bed of greens with cucumbers and goat cheese
- Snack: Bacon deviled eggs
- Dinner: Grilled shrimp topped with a lemon butter sauce with a side of asparagus
- Breakfast: Fried eggs with bacon and a side of greens.
- Snack: 1/2 cup coconut chips
- Lunch: Grass-fed burger in a lettuce “bun” topped with avocado and a side salad.
- Snack: Celery sticks dipped in almond butter.
- Dinner: Meatloaf on a bed of watercress salad
- Breakfast: Feta cheese and spinach omelet.
- Snack: Bacon wrapped asparagus.
- Lunch: Chicken wings with celery sticks.
- Snack: Cocoa Coconut milk smoothie
- Dinner: Grilled chicken with bell peppers and tomatoes
- Breakfast: Full-fat Greek yogurt with coconut chips and pumpkin seeds
- Snack: Cheese crisp
- Lunch: Chicken salad wraps
- Snack: Peanut butter fat bombs
- Dinner: Grilled salmon with a side of cauliflower rice
The keto or ketogenic diet is great for people who are looking to lose weight and improve their health.
This sample 7-day keto diet plan is a great way to see if the diet is right for you.
But, as with any diet, you should always check with your doctor first before starting.
If you're looking to burn fat, it's important that you incorporate some form of exercise with the diet.
In the comment below, let us know if you have any questions.