This rich dark chocolate banana smoothie is a tasty treat that’ll boost your heart health.
The days of chocolate being a guilty pleasure are long gone with this healthy chocolate smoothie.
Dark chocolate is decadent and rich in flavor.
Nutritionally, it’s heart-healthy and full of disease-fighting antioxidants. Granted, that’s if it’s not filled with saturated fat and sugar.
This chocolate smoothie is also naturally sweetened and free of any added sugar.
Bananas not only bring just enough sweetness, but they also bring fiber and potassium.
They help you stay full for hours and reduce your risk of heart disease by more than 27% (2).
If you desire more sweetness in this chocolate banana smoothie to offset the bitterness, feel free to add a drop of maple syrup.
This smoothie recipe is for 2 servings. If you are making this for solo meals, simply cut the recipe in half and use half the amount of ingredients.
How to Make This Dark Chocolate Banana Smoothie
Making this dark chocolate banana smoothie recipe is pretty simple. All you need is the ingredients below and a good blender.
- Bananas: Bananas contain a wide variety of nutrients that makes them super healthy and good for your health. They are high in fiber, potassium, and antioxidants. According to LiveScience, they can help you maintain a healthy heart and prevent high blood pressure.
- Cocao powder: Cocoa powder has a compound called flavanol, which comes with numerous health benefits. It’s linked to reduced inflammation, better blood flow, reduced blood sugar levels and blood pressure, and improved cholesterol.
- Almond butter: Almond butter is high in healthy monounsaturated fats. Monounsaturated fats help to improve your good HDL cholesterol while lowering LDL (“bad”) cholesterol. Other nutrients in almond butter also help to improve your heart health and help lower your risk for heart disease.
- Maple syrup
- Almond milk
Add all ingredients to a powerful blender and blend it for a few minutes for a nutritionally balanced, tasty treat. In minutes, it’ll send you to chocolatey heaven, and you’ll be completely satisfied! (Tramadol)
As a bonus, this chocolate smoothie is a huge hit amongst kids! If you want to add even more boost of nutrients, add a handful of fresh spinach. Your picky eaters will never know how healthy and nutritious this smoothie really is.
- 1 banana, frozen
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (optional)
- 1 cup vanilla non-dairy milk (I use almond milk)
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Add all ingredients in a powerful blender.
- Blend it for 2-5 minutes until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Pour into 2 glasses or to-go cups. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 683Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 81mgCarbohydrates: 78gFiber: 4gSugar: 65gProtein: 7g