This asparagus salad is light and refreshing, made with crisp veggies and parmesan cheese.
The weather is getting warmer, the flowers are blooming, and there’s a lot more pollen outside.
That can only mean one thing – Spring is upon us! Spring is a lovely season and is the perfect time to whip out your favorite salad recipe.
Don’t have a favorite? Make this Spring Lettuce Salad with Roasted Asparagus, and fall in love with salads.
This easy recipe is packed with flavor and nutrition. The citrus dressing has a little kick from the mustard that pairs well with the asparagus. Have it for a light lunch, or serve it with a delicious Parmesan Chicken! The possibilities are endless.
Though this recipe is delicious, feel free to switch up the ingredients to fit your tastes. This simple asparagus salad recipe is versatile, so use what you have in your kitchen!
How To Make This Refreshing Asparagus Salad
This roasted asparagus salad is super easy to make and only takes a couple of steps.
Prep the asparagus: Start off by preheating your oven to 450°F. Wash and cut the bottoms off of your asparagus, then pat them dry. Cover them with a bit of oil, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
Once they are seasoned, place them on a baking sheet and bake them for about 8 minutes. Keep an eye on them in the oven to make sure they don’t burn.
Make the dressing: While the asparagus is roasting you can set up the other ingredients. Combine the lemon juice, mustard, and oil in a bowl. Whisk it until fully combined and season to taste. Keep it in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
Build the salad: Wash and dry your greens of choice (we used mixed greens salad). Then add it to a large salad bowl and cover it with about ¾ of the dressing. Plate the dressed greens and place the roasted asparagus on top. Shave some Parmigiano-Reggiano onto the salad using a potato peeler. Then cover the salad with the rest of the dressing. Serve and enjoy!
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 1/3 c extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- Salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 10 oz mixed spring greens
- 1 1/2-ounce piece of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (shaved)
- Preheat your oven to 450°F. Mix the cleaned asparagus with a tablespoon of oil, lemon zest, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. (smileyspoints.com) Add the asparagus to the baking sheet and roast for around 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Combine lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and the rest of the oil in a bowl. Season to taste.
- Wash and dry the mixed greens mix. Add it to a large mixing bowl and pour over ¾ of the dressing.
- Place the dressed greens on a plate and top it with the asparagus. Use a potato peeler to shave some Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese on top of the salad. Add some extra dressing on top of the arranged salad.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 504Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 977mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 8gSugar: 4gProtein: 15g
Looking for some more salad recipes to enjoy this Spring? Try these!