This chocolate chia seed pudding is a delicious, filling dessert in a cup.
It’s sweet and rich, yet healthy enough to enjoy as breakfast.
If you’ve never had a chia seed pudding, it’s a new kind of breakfast in a cup that packs more nutrients than your usual breakfast.
And instead of having the velvety texture of pudding, you have a spoonful of rich yet seedy chocolate cream.
If you are one who loves poppy seeds on everything, you’ll love chia pudding.
Chia seeds have a ton of health benefits. They one of the best anti-inflammatory foods you can eat to fight inflammation.
Not only that, chia seeds are loaded with good-for-you nutrients like fiber, protein, and heart-healthy omega-3s.
What’s more, chocolate chia pudding is as easy to make as your morning coffee.
All it takes is a few ingredients and a glass jar to store.
To make, simply add all ingredients in a container and give it a good mix. Sore it in the fridge overnight and you’ll have a delicious on-the-go meal you can actually get excited about.
If you’re following the keto diet, this chia seed recipe also makes a great low-carb breakfast option.
Just substitute the maple syrup with keto-friendly sweeteners. All you need are five ingredients — plus the toppings of your choosing.
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup (or keto sweetener)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients except for the vanilla. Stir together until combined. Add the chia seeds and stir them thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into a mason jar and refrigerate overnight or until it reaches the desired thickness. I usually leave it in the fridge overnight.
- Sprinkle the fresh fruits and the shredded coconut chips on top. Enjoy!
- In a medium-size bowl, add the cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, dairy-free milk, and chia seeds. Whisk together until all ingredients are combined.
- Leave the mixture in the bowl for 15 minutes without stirring for the chia seeds to gel. After 15 minutes, whisk it together one more time.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator overnight for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Remove the chocolate chia seed pudding from the fridge and stir together with a spoon. Serve into small dessert-sized glasses. Top with your favorite fruit, chocolate shavings, or other garnishes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 383Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 18gSugar: 27gProtein: 10g