Want to Build Strength and Muscle? Here Are the 3 Most Important Exercises You Should Be Doing￼￼
If you want to build strength and gain muscle, these are the 3 most important exercises you should be doing.
Exercise has become so complicated over the past few decades.
Nowadays, in order to work out, you need ten pieces of equipment, a partner, and 2 hours dedicated to your exercise session.
But it doesn’t have to be this way.
In fact, all you truly need to burn fat and get in great shape is to combine a few different, high-energy moves.
Pair this with a great diet plan, and you’ve got all the tools you need to get the body of your dreams.
In this article, we will review a 3-move, 300-rep workout developed by the team at Men’s Health.
Let’s dive in!
Three Moves for Improved Strength and Stamina
In this workout, you’ll complete 300 total repetitions split between three different movements.
Generally speaking, the movements will consist of a “push”, a “pull”, and an “explosion”.
Best of all, the only thing you’ll need for this workout is a set of dumbbells. Although, it will probably also help to have a water bottle and a towel ready to go too!
How to Perform the Workout
Once you’re warmed up, and you’ve got your dumbbells ready to go, you’re all set. Follow these instructions to the letter and you’ll be exhausted, with a super pump, in no time at all.
The “push” portion of the workouts relies on pushups, which are performed on the dumbbells.
How to do them:
- Grasp the dumbbells, one in each hand.
- Assume the pushup position, with your back straight, your hands directly beneath your shoulders, and your feet comfortably spaced.
- Slowly lower yourself down toward the ground, going as low as you can with good form.
- Then, push yourself back into the starting position.
- Complete 3 rounds of this movement, starting with 70 reps on the first set, 50 reps on the second set, and 30 reps on the third set.
2. Renegade Rows
Renegade rows are a great way to work nearly the entire body. This move uses the biceps, shoulders, back, and abs to a high degree.
How to do them:
- Start in the pushup position, with your hands on the dumbbells.
- Keeping your back straight, pull the right dumbbell up toward the right side of your chest, as you would during a row.
- Then, return this dumbbell to the starting position and repeat on the other side.
- Complete 50 reps in the first round, 30 reps in the second round, and 20 reps in the third round.
3. Burpees with Dumbbells
Burpees are bad enough. Adding dumbbells to them is downright cruel!
This move will get you sweating like crazy, and is the perfect finisher for this brutal workout.
How to do them:
- Start standing, holding the dumbbells
- Next, place the dumbbells on the ground and jump back to the “up” phase of the pushup. If you want, you can perform a pushup here, but you don’t have to.
- Then, jump your feet forward and return to standing.
- Complete 25 reps on the first round, 15 reps on the second round, and 5 reps on the third round.
This workout is not for the faint of heart. If you are brand new to exercise, you may consider scaling this exercise down. In order to do so, you can simply perform 10 fewer reps of the pushups, 5 fewer rows, and 3 fewer burpees on each respective round. (simonsezit.com)
But for those that are going to go for the full version, good luck!