Ready to upgrade your humble, average egg salad sandwich? Egg salad is one of the easiest salads you can make for a sandwich.
A healthy low-carb egg salad sandwich is the comfort food that’ll delight your weekday lunch options.
Just boil a few eggs and mix them up with a scoop of mayo for a creamy egg salad!
It’s a convenient, affordable, and healthy sandwich filling you can make in an instant.
Egg salads often come with common add-ins for additional flavors and textures.
You can add chopped walnuts for some crunch, a dash of cayenne pepper for the heat, or a handful of dried cranberries for sweetness. But there is nothing that makes a simple egg salad gourmet more is adding a pinch of curry powder.
It adds fragrance, flavor depth, and a bit of exotic flair. All you need is just a pinch to elevate your ordinary egg salad to a new height.
To add some greens and veggies, this recipe adds chopped onions celery, and green onions.
Other ingredients like avocado, horseradish, and even capers can also be a great add-in. Egg salad is the easiest salad especially if you already have boiled eggs on hand. Also, after Easter, this recipe can help you use up the leftover eggs in a delicious way.
For a more low-carb lunch, swap your multigrain sandwich bread with tortilla wraps. You can also opt for lettuce wraps or multigrain crackers!
How to Make an Egg Salad Sandwich
Making an egg salad sandwich is simple and straightforward, especially if you have egg salad made.
Make hard-boiled eggs and chop them up. Chop up other ingredients like onions, celery, and green onions.
Combine them all to a medium-sized bowl and add mayo and a dash of curry powder. Season it with salt and pepper to your liking. Mix it with a spatula until the mayonnaise spreads throughout.
Tips for the Best Egg Salad
- Add curry powder. Curry powder isn’t just there to add the golden color hue to your egg salad. It’s a great way to add some heat with a unique savory and sweet spices. It also gives a bit of earthy tone that deepens and enriches the flavor.
- Sub mayonnaise. Mayo feels like an absolute necessity in any type of egg salad, but that’s simply not the case. If you prefer not to use mayonnaise, you can substitute it with ripe avocados and dijon mustard. To add a bit more acidity, you can also add chopped capers and its juice. You may also need to be more generous with salt as mayo typically contains a great deal of it.
Optional Egg Salad Add-Ins
Egg salad is one of the salad recipes you can enjoy creating different variations.
Feel free to add in these optional egg salad add-ins to add more textures, flavors, and nutritional boosts. Here are some of our favorite egg salad add-ins you can try too!
- Chopped walnuts
- Chopped pickles
- Cayenne pepper
- Chopped olives
- Diced avocados
- Dijon mustard
- Sliced cucumber
- Bacon bits
- 2 large egg
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, to taste
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/8 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices multigrain bread, toasted
- Make hard-boiled eggs: Fill a saucepan with water and bring it to a boil. Place the eggs and let them cook for 15 minutes. Remove them from the saucepan and shock with cold water and peel.
- Make the egg salad: Chop up the eggs with a fork. Mix with mayonnaise, celery, onion, green onion. (alprazolam) Add the curry powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Make it into a sandwich: Toast your bread and take one slice and add a layer of lettuce. Spread half of the egg salad on top of the lettuce. Put another layer of lettuce on top and add the other bread slice to make a sandwich.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 314Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 189mgSodium: 539mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 7gSugar: 6gProtein: 16g
Egg salad sandwich is a healthy lunch that’s portable, delicious, and quick to make.
If you are tired of boring and ordinary egg salad, this egg salad recipe helps you add an exciting twist. With just a dash of curry powder, this egg salad tastes gourmet and truly divine!