In the world where we feel the constant pressure to live someone’ else’s life so perfectly, it takes a brave heart and fearless mind to leap and cross the boundaries to live the life of our own for the vision we have in our heart and reach the potential hidden in ourselves.
In “Eat. Pray. Love”, the author, Elizabeth Gilbert shows us, women how to embrace brokenness, face the unknown, choose happiness over suffering, live by faith, and be fearless.
Here are 14 Eat. Pray. Love quotes every woman needs to live fearlessly and passionately.
1. “You are, after all, what you think. Your emtions are the slaves to your thoughts, and you are the slave to your emotions.”
2. “I’m choosing happiness over suffering, I know I am. I’m making space for the unknown future to fill up my life with yet-to-come surprises.”
3. “it is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else’s life with perfection.”
4. “Learn your way around loneliness. But never again use another person’s body or emotions as a scratching post for your own unfulfilled yearnings.”
One of good morning quotes for her if you have a girlfriend who falls for a man not for love, but to fill her own loneliness. Embrace the loneliness. Liz said.
5. “Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings.”
6. “You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That’s the only thing you should be trying to control.”
7. “Somewhere within us all, there does exist a supreme self who is eternally at peace.”
8. “Sometimes our hearts are broken so new light can get in.”
9. “It all goes away. Eventually, everything goes away.”
10. “Everyone makes their own path, and I must make mine.”
11. “If faith were rational, it wouldn’t be – by definition – faith. Faith is belief in what you cannot see or prove or touch. Faith is walking face-first and full-speed into the dark. If we truly knew all the answers in advance as to the meaning of life and the nature of God and the destiny of our souls, our belief would not be a leap of faith and it would not be a courageous act of humanity; it would just be… a prudent insurance policy.”
12. “To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced life.”
13. “Fear–who cares?”
14. “I think I deserve something beautiful.”
This must be one of the most precious quotes about loving yourself. It remind us we are worthy.