Exercise— is good for your body and mind!
Working out regularly has been shown to have many health benefits, both physically and mentally.
In fact, just 30 minutes of daily moderately intense exercise reduces the risk of early death by 19%.
Whether for a longer life, cardiovascular health, or losing weight and getting a rockin' hot body, working out can bring about an amazing transformation to your overall life.
But I know it's always easier said than done. That is why we created this 30-day fitness challenge.
A fitness challenge that incrementally introduces exercise into your life.
This 30-day workout challenge was created by our fitness expert to help you kick start your fitness, improve your health, and transform your body.
How does this challenge work?
There are only 6 bodyweight exercises you'll need to perform.
- Jump Rope
- Butt Bridge
- Side Plank with Leg Lift
Perform the exercises listed for that day for the recommended reps (10) and set (x1) or the recommended time in the cases of jump rope which is 00:30 (30 seconds)
- X1: 1 set.
- X2: 2 sets.
- X3: 3 sets.
- X4: 4 sets.
- X5: 5 sets.
- X3: 6 sets.
- X7: 7 sets.
Challenge yourself, but know your limit and pace yourself as needed to stay safe and injury-free.
You'll see improvements in your strength, body shape, heart health, and even weight when you exercise consistently and gradually up your challenge.
30-Day Fitness Challenge
* Scroll down past the image to read the instructions for each exercise.
- Get into a plank position on the floor with your hands directly underneath your shoulders. Your body should form a straight line from your head to ankles.
- Contract your abdomen by pulling in your belly button towards your spine, and flex your quads and glutes. Bend your elbows to lower your body down until your chest nearly touches the floor.
- Quickly straighten your arms to push yourself back up to the plank position, lift your left arm off the floor and straighten it as you rotate your torso to the left until you're balancing your body on your right hand and your left is pointing towards the ceiling.
- Pause and return to the plank position and do another pushup, rotating to your right side. Perform the prescribed number of repetitions per side.
2. Side Plank - Leg Lift
- Lie down on your right side on a yoga mat with your legs straight.
- Contract your abdomen by drawing your belly button in towards your spine, and prop upper body up on your right elbow and forearm.
- Lift your hips off the floor until your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to ankles. Hold as directed, then switch sides and repeat on the other side.
3. Jump Rope
- Grab the handles with your thumbs and index fingers, with a comfortable but firm grip. Keep your elbows close to your sides.
- Make small circles with your wrists as you turn the rope. Keep your body relax and look straight ahead.
- Only jump high enough to clear the rope. As you jump the rope should touch the surface slightly.
- Stand up tall with your chest up, shoulders back, abs tight and feet hip-width apart
- Keeping your upper body straight, shift your weight to one foot, step backward with your right foot and lower into a lunge position.
- Pause, then push yourself back up to the starting position as quickly as you can. Do the prescribed number of repetitions.
5. Superman Exercise
Benefits of the superman exercise: The "Superman exercise" engages the glutes and strengthen the lower back region. No-equipment needed to perform.
- Lie on your stomach and draw your belly button toward your spine to tighten your abs. Keep your legs straight, arms stretched out over your head, and palms facing each other
- Contract your glutes, arch your back and raise your arms and legs.
- Hold for 1-2 seconds and slowly lower them down to the floor. Do the prescribed number of repetitions.
6. Glute Bridge
Benefits of glute bridge: Although the bridge is an effective glute-toning exercise, it also works the core. It’s simple to perform, yet it's a great strengthening exercise for your entire midsection.
This exercise engages just about every muscle attached to your hips including the abs and core.
- Lie on your back on a yoga mat with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Place your feet hip-width apart, heels 6 inches from your butt. Gently contract your abdominal muscles to flatten your low back into the floor. Attempt to maintain this gentle muscle contraction throughout the exercise.
- Gently exhale. Keep the abdominals engaged and lift your hips up off the floor all the way up so your knees, hips and shoulders form a straight line. Press your heels into the floor for added stability.
- Pause for 1-2 seconds at the top and then slowly lower yourself back to your starting position.?
Tips: Avoid pushing your hips too high, which can cause hyperextension (arching) in your low back. Keeping your abdominals engaged to helps to prevent excessive arching in the low back.
Though 30-day challenges should be challenging, they shouldn't be insanely out of your fitness level or increase your risk of injuries (like many popular 30-day workout challenges do...).
This challenge was designed to challenge you but also to gradually build your strength as you progress over the 30 day period, so you will have enough strength to complete the challenge at the end.
By increasing the set counts rather than upping rep counts, you won't have to sacrifice your form and quality when performing each exercise.
You did it! You completed this 30-day fitness challenge.
I know you must be feeling amazing both physically and mentally.
Committing to a challenge like this can be tough but very rewarding when it's done.
Don't stop. Keep going and take one of our other workout challenges below:
If you are a beginner, by all means, take it slow and stop when you feel your limits. Fitness is not about perfection. It's about progress and persistence.
Are you ready to begin the fitness challenge?
Also, don't forget to come back to let us know about your progress. Leave us a comment below to let us know. We'd love to hear from you!