Everything in This Turmeric Smoothie Is Good For Your Body
This anti-inflammatory turmeric smoothie is everything your body needs right now.
Turmeric, Ginger, and Carrot!
This energy booster turmeric smoothie recipe is full of vitamin C and A, thanks to the lemon and carrot.
You also get a daily boost of potassium from the banana, which is also known to aid digestive health.
Ginger and turmeric are packed with free radicals-fighting and anti-inflammatory properties to help fight against inflammation in the body.
Plus the bright orange color from the carrot gives this drink a refreshing look that makes you want to sip on it all day.
It’s creamy, bright, and tastes delicious!
Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Smoothie Recipe
This turmeric, ginger, and carrot smoothie recipe is packed with free radicals-fighting and anti-inflammatory properties to help fight against inflammation in the body.
- 1 cup (180 g) carrots
- 1 cup (240 ml) filtered water
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup frozen or fresh apple
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh ginger (1 small knob, peeled, sliced)
- 1/2 Tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) carrot juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew nut milk
- To make the carrot juice, add the carrots and the filtered water to a powerful high-speed blender and let it blend until on high until completely pureed and smooth. Add more water if it is too thick and has trouble blending. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Drape a large, thin dish towel over a mixing bowl and pour over the juice. Then lift up on the corners of the towel and begin twisting and squeezing the juice out until all of the liquid is extracted. (temismarketing) Set aside pulp for smoothies, or baked goods (such as carrot muffins).
- Transfer carrot juice to a mason jar – It should be good for several days.
Make Your Smoothie
- Add all the ingredients and blend on high until creamy and smooth. Add more carrot juice or almond milk if it has trouble blending. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Taste and adjust flavors as needed. For a bit more sweetness, add more banana or pineapple. For acidity, add lemon. For a kick, add more ginger, and for warmth, turmeric is called for.
- Pour into the glass and drink. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 1152Total Fat: 69gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 50gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 1093mgCarbohydrates: 118gFiber: 11gSugar: 48gProtein: 32g
You may also like this Watermelon Smoothie Recipe.