Shrimp tacos are a delicious and easy meal to make on the busiest days. With just a few ingredients and time, you can make this awesome dish!
The shrimp are covered in numerous spices that give them a lovely kick. The spice contrasts with the sweet pineapple pico de gallo and the rich sour cream.
Not only are these shrimp tacos full of flavor, but they are packed with nutrients. By adding a bit of shredded cabbage, you get even more nutrition!
This shrimp taco recipe is easy to make, but feel free to change it up how you see fit.
How To Make Healthy Shrimp Tacos
Once the shrimp is thawed, rinse and dry the shrimp. Pour a bit of olive oil onto the shrimp and sprinkle them with the spices. Give them a gentle mix to make sure all the shrimp are covered in spices. Set this aside while you prepare the rest.
Shred or cut some cabbage as thin as possible. Rinse and pat the cabbage dry, then add it to a bowl. Squeeze some lime juice over the cabbage and add a pinch of salt.
In another bowl, mix diced red onions, pineapple, cilantro, and lime juice together. If you want your pico de gallo spicy, feel free to add in a Serrano pepper.
Now that all the toppings are ready, it’s time to cook the shrimp. Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat, and add some oil to the pan.
Carefully place the shrimp on the pan and let it cook for about 4 minutes, or until pink and not translucent inside. Once cooked, move the shrimp to a plate.
Heat up the tortillas and it’s time to assemble your tacos! Put some shrimp, cabbage, pico de gallo, and a drizzle of sour cream into the tortilla. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. large shrimp peeled, deveined, and tails removed (frozen and thawed)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground chipotle chili
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 large limes
- 2 c shredded cabbage
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ c diced red onion
- 1 c diced pineapple
- Sour cream (to taste)
- Thaw your shrimp, rinse and dry. Add them to a bowl and pour over ½ tbsp of oil. Cover the shrimp in the seasonings and give them a good stir. Each shrimp should be evenly seasoned.
- Finely cut or shred some cabbage. Squeeze lime juice on top and add a pinch of salt.
- Dice red onions, pineapple, and cilantro. Combine them and squeeze lime juice on top.
- Heat a nonstick pan on medium-high heat, and add about ½ a tablespoon of oil into the pan. Put the shrimp on the pan and cook them until it’s pink outside and not translucent inside.
- Heat up the tortillas and make the tacos how you like! Enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 1178mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 23g
Healthy meals can be quick to make. Instead of going for takeout, take a couple of extra minutes to make this shrimp taco recipe instead. You won’t regret it!