You can’t seem to get rid of the saggy lower belly no matter what you do? We got you. It’s time to blast the lower belly pouch with this one belly fighting workout.
You know the days your lower belly was as flat as could be. But time passes and after several life changes, many people find themselves stuck with a belly sag that they can’t seem to get rid of.
As frustrating as it is to find yourself with a saggy lower stomach, a belly sag itself isn’t the most harmful type of belly fat. Luckily, you can also blast off this stubborn fat with some work.
There are two types of belly fat. The pinchable fat that’s right below the skin is called subcutaneous fat. Having this fat can be an eye sore, but it’s not as harmful to your health as the other belly fat. Your sagging fat around your midsection is considered subconscious fat.
What you want to really take care of when you work to get rid of the belly fat is the deep abdominal fat called visceral fat. It’s a layer of fat that’s beneath the subcutaneous fat and in close proximity to essential organs. (Modafinil)
You may also like:
- How To Lose Visceral Fat Fast in a Week, According to Experts
- The #1 Workout To Lose Your Beer Gut for Good, Trainer Says
Visceral Fat – The Most Harmful Fat
This harmful belly fat is hidden yet having sagging belly signals you may have a deeper belly fat issue than just a belly jiggle.
Belly fat regardless of the type is stubborn in nature and hard to lose, but employing the right exercise regimen can certainly help to reduce it.
This blast off your saggy belly fat workout is designed to do just that. It’ll address the excess body fat that’s been stored in your belly and tone your midsection.
It’ll target not only the six-pack rectus abdominis, but also the obliques, lower abs, and transversus abdominis.
By targeting the abdominal muscles at large and the entire core, you’ll give your stomach a defined look.
Once your top layer of belly fat comes off, you’ll be able to show off the defined abs!
Here is how to get started with this fat-burning workout to get rid of your belly sag.
Belly fat workout to get rid of saggy lower belly
This workout is designed firstly to burn fat, to reduce your body fat that’s contributing to the saggy lower belly.
It also contains abdominal moves that’ll build definitions to your midsection that’ll give the toned look.
Perform this workout several times a week to start burning calories and boosting fat loss.
1. Jump Rope
After a weekend of binge drinking, the best workout to kick your body back in gear is jumping rope.
It’s a simple workout that burns extra calories, and it’s excellent for weight loss. Jumping rope can be done anywhere and is great for all fitness levels.
If you can, maximize your jumping rope exercise by performing the HIIT style.
You can alternate the high-intensity, fast jumping rope with a slower-paced jumping. It’ll not only build your stamina and cardio capacities but also exhaust your leg muscles.
How to perform a HIIT jumping rope routine:
- Warmup: 10 seconds: low intensity (slower-paced)
- 60 seconds: high intensity (fast-paced)
- 30 seconds: low intensity (slower-paced)
- Repeat the 60-second high-intensity and 30-second low-intensity jumping 4-5 times.
The burpees are an all-in-one move that combines the element of anaerobic cardio with full-body exercises.
It’s a move that goes from a floor pushup to a squat jump and then back to a pushup. It’s done in a fast tempo, making it a great anaerobic exercise for your heart.
If you are just starting out, you can also scale it down and do plank instead of pushups on the floor.
Together, it’s a high-intensity full-body workout that hits almost every muscle in the body and increases calorie burn.
How to perform burpees:
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart. Engage your abs and get down into a high plank position with your feet fully extended to the back.
- Perform a pushup, then quickly get into a squat. From there, explosively jump up to do a squat jump. Land softly on your feet and get back into a high-plank position to perform a pushup. That’s one rep.
- Make it a point to perform these moves in one cohesive movement. Each move should flow into the next without stopping.
- Perform 10 reps before taking a rest. Complete 3-4 sets.
3. Squat to press
The best way to shred your body is actually to work multiple large muscle groups. This squat-to-press exercise is a type of move that works all your leg and glute muscles and the upper body. It’s a full-body workout that strengthens and builds leanness throughout the body.
Perform this with dumbbells to add resistance and challenge. The added weight will help force the engagement of the target muscles and also the core that brings stability.
You do not have to treat this as a fast-paced exercise, but keep your move from the squat to press as fluid as possible.
How to perform a squat-to-press exercise:
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand and stand straight with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart. Keep your dumbbells at shoulder level with your palms facing out.
- Squat down by hinging your hips back and bending your knees until the quads are almost parallel to the ground.
- Pause at the bottom for a moment and come up to the starting standing position. Engage your core and press your dumbbell up.
- Be sure not to curve your back while pressing up.
- Bring the dumbbells back to shoulder level. This is one rep.
- Repeat 10 reps and complete 3-4 sets.
3. Reverse crunch
Many popular ab exercises like the crunch and sit-ups target the front rectus abdominals but neglect the lower abs.
To lose and tone your lower stomach, you need exercises that engage your lower abs. This is why you need the reverse crunch.
The reverse crunch exercise is one ab workout that primarily engages your lower abs while also targeting the abs at large.
It’s one of the greatest transverse abdominal exercises, and if haven’t added it to your routine, you are missing out.
How to do the reverse crunch:
- Lie flat on your back on a yoga mat with your hands resting on the side with the palms facing down.
- Tuck in your abs and pull in your legs and feet in one motion.
- Raise your hips and pull your knees to your chest while keeping your upper back flat and straight.
- Perform 10 reps and complete 3-4 sets.