Looking for the best exercise to strengthen and sculpt your back and shoulders? You’ve come to the right place!
Your shoulders and back are two of the biggest and most important muscles in your upper body.
Having shoulders and back muscles is essential in keeping your upper body healthy and functional.
Many of the motions you perform daily also involve your back and shoulders. Motions like dusting your ceiling fans or reaching your highest shelf in the closet require the use of your back and shoulders.
Strengthening these upper-body muscles will help make these motions much easier and keep a correct posture.
If you are looking to have shoulder mobility for the long term, do this exercise.
It’ll strengthen your deltoids and upper back and help reach and isolate a muscle like the rear deltoid.
You’ll also like:
- Back Workouts for Women: 18 Best Back Exercises for a Stronger Back
- Arm Workouts for Women: 15 Best Exercises to Transform Your Arms
Dumbbell Bent-Over Reverse Fly
The bent-over Reverse Fly with dumbbells is a great exercise for your deltoids and back.
This move particularly reaches and isolates the rear deltoid muscle that often gets neglected in other workouts.
It also activates your upper back muscles which help you improve your posture and strength when you lift.
Indirectly, this bent-over reverse dumbbell fly strengthens your core, glutes, and hamstrings. Though the primary target muscles remain the shoulders and back, this move strengthens your full body.
Bent-Over Dumbbell Reverse Fly Instructions
- Grab a pair of dumbbells using a neutral grip and take a few steps back.
- Keep your feet hip-width apart and keep a slight bend in your knees. Engage your core and hinge from your hips until your torso is almost parallel to the floor.
- Let your arms and dumbbells hang at your arms’ length at your sides. With control, pull the dumbbells to the sides of your chest using your deltoids and shoulder blades. Hold for a moment and slowly return the dumbbells to the starting position.
- Complete 10 to 12 repetitions and aim 3 sets.