How To Get Rid of Man Boobs – The Only 5 Chest Exercises You Need
Ready to get rid of the man boobs and build your chest muscle? You are in luck!
Besides the growing belly, a very common trouble area men have is the pecs. It’s no secret huge pecs boost confidence and exemplify your good physique. But like belly fat, the chest is one area that’s easy to pack on extra fat like no other.
Various things can cause this but for some, it’s a medical condition called gynecomastia.
It’s a condition where male breast tissue gets swollen due to a hormone imbalance.
For others, man boobs are simply caused by excess fat.
The pec muscle is underneath the fat layer, and the only way to reshape your chest is to get rid of the fat and develop the chest muscles.
You can do this with exercises that burn fat and build the pecs and adjacent muscles like the shoulders, arms, back, and abs.
Only with a well-structured upper body workout, you can say goodbye to your man boobs and enjoy the huge chest muscles that truly stand out.
To help you get started, we put together a super-effective upper body workout that you can grab at the end of this post.
Before getting into the workout, let’s review the steps to a bigger chest.
How to Get Rid of Man Boobs and Transform Your Upper Body
To lose fat in your chest area or any other area of your body you need to eat a healthy balanced diet and do cardio and strength training regularly.
In this article, we’ll focus on the best strength training exercises to build and transform your upper body.
For cardio, you need to do both low and high-intensity interval training to maximize fat loss.
The best upper body exercises are the ones that target multiple muscle groups at one time. They are known as compound pressing movements.
They are the most efficient and effective way to build bigger pecs. In one movement, they recruit more muscle fibers across the target areas, bringing more effectiveness than crossovers and fly.
Once you begin making progress in your lifts and nail your diet and cardio.
With double efforts, you’ll get rid of man boobs and achieve the pecs you desire.
If you are not sure what exercises to do, here’s an upper-body workout that will build bigger muscle in your pecs and help you get rid of moobs.
Check it out below, and next, be sure to read The 6 Best Exercises for Strong and Toned Arms in 2022, Trainer Says.
Push-ups are one of the best upper-body exercises you can do to build your chest, shoulders, and triceps. When done with proper form, it also strengthens the lower back and core by engaging the abdominal muscles.
They’re a fast and effective strength training exercise for building upper body strength.
How to do a proper push-up:
- Get down on all fours in a high plank position on a mat. Place your hands on the floor so that they’re slightly wider than your shoulders.
- Extend your legs behind you, feet shoulder-width apart. Contract your glutes and brace your abdominals as if you were about to be punched in the gut.
- Maintain these contractions in both your upper and lower body for the duration of this move. Your body should form a straight line from your ankles to your head.
- Lower your body until your chest nearly touches the floor. Your upper back muscles should pull back as if you were doing a row.
- Pause 1-2 seconds at the bottom, then push yourself back to the top as quickly as possible. Complete 15 total reps. You can also go for higher reps if you can maintain good form.
2. Decline Push-Up
Decline pushup is another great upper-body exercise that can help you get rid of man boobs. This exercise works the upper chest and front shoulders and triceps. Fo this push-up variation, you’ll need a workout a step, a bench, or an exercise ball to put your feet on.
The height should depend on your upper body strength and fitness level.
How to do a decline push up
- Assume a high plank position with the balls of your feet on an elevated surface. Tighten your core and tighten your glutes.
- Your body should form a straight line from your heels to your head. Without letting your hips sag. In one motion, take a deep breath and exhale to lower your body until your chest almost touches your mat.
- Pause for 1-2 seconds, then push yourself back up to the starting position. Continue for 15 repetitions for 2 to 3 sets.
3. Dumbbell Bench Press
There’s no better exercise for building your chest muscle than the dumbbell bench press. This exercise targets the pectoral muscles, shoulders, and triceps.
How to do dumbbell bench press
- Sit on the edge of a bench with a pair of dumbbells. Rest a dumbbell on each knee. Roll onto your back as you bring the weights outside your shoulders with an overhand grip.
- Push the weights directly above your chest until your arms are extended, palms forward. Bend your elbows to slowly lower the weights until your upper arms are slightly below parallel to the floor.
- Pause, and then push them back up to the starting position. Push the dumbbells together without letting them touch.
4. Dumbbell Renegade Row
Dumbbell renegade rows are a full-body exercise that works both the upper and lower body. The exercise also simultaneously activates all of your abdominal muscles.
The rowing movements in this exercise also engage your arms and upper back muscles.
How to do a dumbbell renegade row
- Grab dumbbells with your hands and get into a high plank position. Adjust your hands so they’ll be directly below your shoulders. Your body should be forming a straight line from your head to tow. Keep your feet about hip-width apart.
- Tighten your glutes. Tuck in your core, so your back isn’t curving. Keep your torso still. Pull one dumbbell up toward your rib cage from your shoulder blade while keeping it close to your body.
- Return the weight to the starting position and repeat on the other side. That’s one rep.
5. Arnold Press – Seated
This Arnold dumbbell press move recruits the lateral and anterior deltoids. The exercise also engages your triceps and serratus anterior located on the upper side of your libs.
How to do Arnold press
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand using a neutral grip so your palms are facing in.
- Sit on a workout bench and slowly with control, bring the dumbbells up by curling them up one at a time. You’ll be starting from this top of a biceps curl position.
- As you press up the dumbbells, rotate your wrists, so you end up with straight arms and palms facing away.
The five best upper-body exercises that’ll help you get rid of the man boobs and transform your upper body. Combine these strength training exercises with cardio and a healthy balanced diet for best results.