Are your abs flat and toned, or flabby?
Every woman wants to know the secret to getting flat, toned abs.
With a little hard work and choosing the correct exercises, that lean sexy abs are not that far off!
The answer to your quest for the best ab exercise is not in some popular ab machines at the gym.
In fact, most of your best ab exercises are simply done with bodyweight or free weights.
It’s because the key to a flat, toned stomach involves so much of spinal stabilization, and it is best done in a setting where you can work with a wider range of motions.
In that sense, the best ab exercises are actually not abs focused exercises such as basic crunches, sit-ups and side bends.
The ones that target the deeper abdominal and core muscles are the ones that burn stomach fat and flatten your midsection.
More specifically, the ones that work more muscles that stabilize your spine the better and lead to faster, greater results.
To be transparent, followings are the muscles that make up your core.
- External oblique
- Internal oblique
- Transversus abdominis
- Rectus Abdominis
The problem is, even the best core exercise cannot target all muscles.
That’s where the importance of exercise pairing comes in to play.
The right way to train is to pair exercises that target slightly different muscles.
Conversely, What NOT TO DO is performing exercises that target the exact same muscles done in the same range of motions.
It is not only useless and absolutely pointless but also damaging to your body as it can over exhaust the target muscle(s).
When the right exercises are paired right, even 3 exercises can score you the flat, lean and toned abs you want as it is in this 6 Minute Ab Workout.
The workout is simple. Perform each ab exercise for 30 seconds with little to no rest in between. Then rest for 30 seconds and repeat the set 3 times.
Although it’s an ab workout, it is also designed to burn fat and maximum calories by limiting the rest period between the exercises to keep your heart rate up.
You can also fasten the midsection tone-up by performing workouts that target other larger body parts such as thighs, butt and back.
Not only these exercises indirectly engage your core muscles, working larger muscles can accelerate your fat burn and be a tremendous help in stomach slim down.
Exercise selection and pairing is not as simple as it seem (unless you know what exercise works exactly what muscle(s).
The good news is, we’ve done the work for you and compiled 30 days worth of your workouts into one to flatten your abs and slim down fast.
The entire solution….your best ab workouts to full-body workouts, thigh workouts to butt exercises that strengthen, flatten and tone the abs and your body all over faster and smarter is in Fitwirr’s 6-Minute Daily Workouts. It contains 30 six-minute workouts for a more slender, sexier and leaner body. All it takes is one 6 minute workout a day from the collection for the next 30 days. That’s it.
Note: the workout you see in this article is from the 6-Minute Daily Workouts.
How to perform each exercise:
Exercise #1: T-Plank
- Get down into a plank position. Engage your abs rotate your torso to the left, raising your left arm toward the ceiling as you roll onto the outside of your right foot.
- Pause, then reverse the movement to return to start. Repeat on the other side. Continue for 30 seconds.
Exercise #2: Mountain Climbers
- Get down into a plank position with your hands placed directly underneath your shoulders. Keeping your abs engaged, pick up your right foot and slowly bring your knee toward your chest.
- Hold for 1-2 seconds, then return to start. Alternate between legs for 30 seconds.
Exercise #3: Crunch Clap
- Lie down on your back, face up, with your shoulder blades raised off of the floor. Keep your legs straight and lift one leg up to form an L shape.
- Clap your hands behind your vertical leg. Continue alternating your legs, clapping your hands each time behind your knee. Do it for 30 seconds.