Are your abs flat and toned, or flabby?
Every woman wants to know the secret to getting flat, toned abs.
With a little hard work and choosing the correct exercises, those lean flat abs are not that far off!
The best ab exercises are actually not abs focused exercises such as basic crunches, sit-ups and side bends.
The ones that target the deeper abdominal and core muscles are the ones that burn fat in the belly area and will help you get a flat stomach.
More specifically, the ones that work more muscles that stabilize your spine the better and lead to faster, greater results.
To be transparent, followings are the muscles that make up your abs and core.
- External oblique
- Internal oblique
- Transversus abdominis
- Rectus Abdominis
3 Best Exercises to Tone Your Abs
The workout is simple. Perform each ab exercise for 30 seconds with little to no rest in between. Then rest for 30 seconds and repeat the set 3 times.
- Get down into a plank position. Engage your abs rotate your torso to the left, raising your left arm toward the ceiling as you roll onto the outside of your right foot.
- Pause, then reverse the movement to return to start. Repeat on the other side. Continue for 30 seconds.
2. Mountain Climbers
- Get down into a plank position with your hands placed directly underneath your shoulders. Keeping your abs engaged, pick up your right foot and slowly bring your knee toward your chest.
- Hold for 1-2 seconds, then return to start. Alternate between legs for 30 seconds.
3. Crunch Clap
- Lie down on your back, face up, with your shoulder blades raised off of the floor. Keep your legs straight and lift one leg up to form an L shape.
- Clap your hands behind your vertical leg. Continue alternating your legs, clapping your hands each time behind your knee. Do it for 30 seconds.