This savory Creamy Sweet Potato Soup recipe with ginger is gut-friendly and makes a perfect meal on those chilly days. Serve alongside a green salad or slice of warm whole-grain toast for a nutritious meal.
Sweet potato and Ginger creamy soup
This soup is so yummy and contains two of the healthiest vegetables you can eat: sweet potato and ginger.
Sweet potatoes are a great source of fiber, beta-carotene, vitamin A and healthy carbohydrates. Ginger provides a refreshing, spicy flavor to the soup that enriches the flavor while adding an anti-inflammatory kick.
What’s more, ginger has been proven to be effective in relieving nausea, motion sickness, loss of appetite, and dizziness. So if you’re feeling under the weather, this ginger sweet potato soup is the perfect soothing meal.
Here’s what you’ll need.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 cup water
- 2.5 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups peeled, diced sweet potatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- Bring water and vegetable stock to a boil in a large saucepan. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 30 minutes until the potatoes get fully cooked.
- Place half of the sweet potato mixture in a blender and process until smooth. Return pureed mixture to saucepan; cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Adjust the taste with salt and pepper.