Smooth and creamy stovetop chicken alfredo is the one-pot pasta dish that can’t be beat.
It’s full of the flavor of parmesan cheese, paprika, and rotisserie chicken in a rich, creamy alfredo sauce.
This recipe can be made with different types of pasta noodles.
You could use penne, flat noodles, or spaghetti noodles in place of the fettucini noodles.
This delicious chicken alfredo recipe will delight your dinner guests when served hot with a vegetable dish or a side salad.
If you want a thicker, richer flavored sauce, in place of the milk substitute half and a half or heavy cream.
This homemade recipe has a sauce that is so much better than any store-bought jarred alfredo sauce that you’ll never go back to store-bought again.
Some people aren’t a fan of chicken breasts because they tend to be a little dry.
In that case, you can use chicken thighs instead because they are dark meat and tend to have more moisture.
However, it is important to remember that if you’re using chicken thighs with the bone-in, let them cook a bit longer or until the meat by the bone is no longer pink.
Fettucine noodles are the traditional pasta in this dish, but you can use any type of noodle you have on hand.
Just remember, make sure whatever type of noodle you plan to use will not get soggy from being submerged in the sauce.
You can add additional flavors to the pasta dish such as spinach, chopped broccoli, and Italian seasoning.
You could also whip up a quick side salad with halved grape tomatoes, fresh spinach leaves, or romaine lettuce.
Toppings such as crumbled bacon, buttered toasted breadcrumbs, or toasted slivered almonds make a delicious addition to chicken alfredo pasta.
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. fettuccine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Over medium-high heat, add oil to a large skillet. Saute chicken and add salt and pepper to season.
- Cook the meat thoroughly, for 8 - 10 minutes or until cooked through. When cooked, remove the chicken to a plate and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- In the skillet add milk, chicken broth, and garlic. Let the sauce simmer for a few minutes and add the noodles, stirring to combine with the sauce.
- Let the pasta cook just until it is al dente or about 8 minutes. Add the heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Stir until the sauce is thickened.
- Add the sliced chicken, sprinkle with parsley, and serve hot with your favorite side dish. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.