Baking recipes are often handed from mother to daughter.
The family banana bread recipes are a true treasure since it takes just the right ingredients to make it turn out perfect.
Banana bread makes a perfect accompaniment to breakfast, lunch, or afternoon snacks.
Pair it with some fruit, and a small dish of homemade yogurt for a low-cost healthy treat.
Bananas never last long in our house. They never have a chance to get brown because they get eaten almost as soon as we get them.
When I want to make a batch of banana bread I have to hide a bunch of them just for that purpose.
Great with a cup of steaming hot coffee, tea, or hot chocolate on a frosty morning, this recipe will let you make the best homemade banana bread.
This sweet, heavenly creation is the perfect addition to a lunch meal or as a snack with coffee or tea.
If you decide to make this ahead, you can double the batch and freeze the extra loaves for another day.
Kids love this with a glass of cold milk and some sliced fruit for an after-school snack.
This bread comes out moist like cake, so anything you would have with cake will go great with it.
Many people often use bananas that are overripe for making banana bread because it makes the bread sweeter without adding additional sugar.
Overripe bananas can be frozen and stored in the freezer until needed for banana bread.
- 2 to 3 medium very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1/3 cup butter, unsalted, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pastry flour
- Coat 2 (9x5-inch) loaf pans with cooking spray or butter; set aside. Place the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to combine; set aside.
- Move your oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 350 °F. Coat 2 (9x5-inch) loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the butter and sugar to a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Can mix by hand if you don’t have a mixer.
- Beat on medium speed until fluffy. Add the eggs and bananas and beat until well mixed. Periodically scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Turn the mixer on low speed and add the flour mixture until just combined. Divide the dough mixture between the 2 pans and place in the oven.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out clean or approximately 45 to 50 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes. Remove the loaves from the pans to cool completely.
- Store leftover banana bread wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 318Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 227mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 5g
You may also like: When You Eat A Banana Every Day, This Is What Happens To You