Avocado is one of the most delicious and healthiest fruits you can eat.
This rich and creamy green fruit is packed with nutrients like potassium, vitamin E, C, and B6. Nutrients known to promote healthy skin, hair and nail.
Avocado is also a great source of monounsaturated fat. It’s a healthy kind of fat that helps improve cholesterol, enhance brain functions, decrease the risk of heart disease.
And avocados just happen to be the main ingredient of my favorite dip, “guacamole”. This original Mexican dish is the perfect alternative to “unhealthy” foods like dips and spreads.
It’s not only made with wholesome, fresh produce, but it’s also gluten-free, paleo, and Whole 30 friendly. It’s great for weight-loss too.
Though it’s high in nutrients and healthful, just remember not to over do it. This fatty fruit is fairly high in calories for those watching their “calorie intake.”
This guacamole recipe is “super simple” and quick to make.
All you really need is ripe avocados and salt. After that, a little lime or lemon juice—a splash of acidity to balance the richness of the avocado.
No doubt, it’s a perfect fun dish to add to your healthy diet.
Easy guacamole recipe
- 2 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, chopped (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine the onions, tomatoes, cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon of the Kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Using the back of a spoon or fork, mash all the vegetables until they begin to release their juice.
- Cut the avocados in half. Remove the seed. Scoop out avocado from the peel, and add it to the mashed veggies in the bowl.
- Add lime juice to the mix. Using the fork, roughly mash everything together. Don’t overdo it! The guacamole should have some chunks.
This recipe is for two cups.
I like to eat mine with this Multigrain Quinoa Tortilla Chips from Food Should Taste Good.
It’s gluten free, GMOs,. MSG, no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. And it’s damn delicious. It’s available at your local grocery stores.
There you have it!
Guacamole is one of my favorite avocado recipes because its super easy to make and tastes delicious. Being that avocado is one of the healthies fruits around for optimal halth and the main ingredient in guacamole make me love this nutritious dish even more.
You can always add some chunks of pineapple for sweetness or sereno peppers for kicks.
So, how do you like to make your guacamole?