Easy, freezable breakfast egg muffins for busy mornings!
These savory egg bites are packed with protein and loaded with a burst of flavors from the bacon, cheese, and spinach.
They are the perfect no-hassle, portable, healthy breakfast options for busy people.
These egg muffins are low in carbs, making them a great meal option for low-carb dieters like keto.
One of two of these will fill your stomach, give energy, and satisfy your savory cravings.
Best of all, they are crazy easy to make and perfect for meal prep.
Looking for freezable meals? Once made, pack them individually for easy no-prep breakfasts.
Make ahead, freeze them, and pop them into a microwave or oven toaster to reheat and enjoy!
You can also create endless variations with other delicious mixed-ins. Basil, cherry tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese combo give an awesome Italian flair.
Sliced mushrooms with spicy sausage offer the most addicting kick.
If you are a vegetarian, you can do egg muffins without the meat.
Sliced bell peppers and kale are one easy way to add superfood power to these egg muffins.
Regardless of your choice of mixed-ins, the base egg muffin recipe remains the same.
Create the egg mixture, pour it into the muffin tins, and bake for up to 20 minutes.
Once the top is golden and the egg mixture is fully cooked, you can remove it from the oven and cool for a few minutes to serve.
Once they cool off, you can either store them in the freezer, making them freezable breakfasts.
Or you can keep them in the fridge for several days.
Low-Carb Egg Muffins Recipe
- Muffin pan
- 9 mini silicone baking cups
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 slices bacon, chopped and cooked
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp avocado oil to cook bacon
- Chop the bacon into bits. Cook in the coconut oil till crispy.
- In a large bowl, crack the 3 eggs and add in the cream, bacon, and cheese.
- Season it with salt and pepper. Mix well with a whisker.
- Prepare a cooking sheet with 9 mini silicone baking cups.
- Pour the egg mixture into the cups.
- Bake in the oven at 375 F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy warm.