We all know healthy eating is 80% of the path to losing weight and staying fit, and if you plan and prepare meals ahead, you can reduce your cooking hustle during the week. But life happens to all of us, and I know it all too well. I have fallen off of clean eating on many occasions, and found myself indulging in junk food simply out of convenience.
If you find yourself falling victim to a frozen pizza, deli-made sandwich or quick take-out in the middle of the week, it’s time to get a new game plan. I have gathered 7 healthy, affordable subscription companies that deliver healthy, delicious meals to your doorstep.
So go knock yourself out and have delicious and healthy meals delivered right to your door step!
1. Plated: Plated delivers fresh, pre-portioned ingredients to your door so that you can relax and simply enjoy the cooking experience. Each week, 7 chef-designed recipes are featured on the menu. The dishes include 4 healthy meat & fish options and 3 unique vegetarian dishes. All of the ingredients you need arrive fresh to your door. Read through your step-by-step recipe cards & get ready to cook up some fun!
Price per plate is $12
Grab a deal today by getting 4 free plates when you purchase 2 plates.
2. Blue Apron: Blue Apron delivers farm-fresh ingredients and delicious recipes weekly to your doorstep. Select from their 2-person or family plans and set your dietary preferences to get personalized menus. Ingredients are carefully packaged in a refrigerated box, so food stays fresh even if you’re not home when your box arrives.
Price per plate for 2 amounts to $9.99
3. Hello Fresh: Hello Fresh delivers nutritious and balanced meals with step-by-step recipes included to make cooking easy and quick, so you can get delicious meals on the table every day. Their ingredients are fresh, seasonal and of the highest quality, allowing you to enjoy the healthiest meals in the comfort of your own home!
Frequency: Weekly delivery
Options: Classic box for omnivores and veggie box for herbivores.
Prices: Classic box from $10.75 per person/meal and veggie box from $9.08 per person/meal.
Enter to win a month of HelloFresh by sharing your #HelloFreshPics
4. Farm Fresh To You: If grocery shopping is your bottleneck to healthy eating, then, there is no better way to get fresh, organic, seasonal produce to your home than Farm Fresh To You. Farm Fresh To You delivers full boxes of fruits and veggies on a weekly basis to your home or office, and offers a handful of options to choose from. A small box of mixed fruits and veggies starts at $26.
5. PlateJoy: PlateJoy delivers ultra-personalized fast recipes and shopping lists to help you prepare delicious meals tailored to your lifestyle. From Paleo to vegetarian, they have plans that suit everyone’s needs.
Your personalized recipes and shopping lists are $7/month.
6. PeachDish: PeachDish’s philosophy is that cooking shouldn’t be an obligation. The company strives to make your cooking exotic and interesting by putting their unique twists on people’s all-time favorite dishes like tacos and green curry. Each dish comes to be $12.50 (plus shipping) per person, making your culinary adventure an affordable and easy one to try.
7. Diet-to-Go: Diet-to-Go is truly a lifesaver for people who are trying to lose weight through controlling portions and counting calories. Meal-based diet delivery services don’t usually make your mouth water. However, Diet-to-Go’s dietitian-designed, chef-crafted meals make losing weight easy without compensating your taste buds.
All of their meals are perfectly portioned, nutritionally balanced and ready to eat. They include all the fix-ins like fruits, sides and even condiments, so there is no shopping, no preparation, no cleanup, and, best of all, no guilt. With no preparation involved, and meals delivered directly to your doorstep, sticking to your meal plan is super easy. You’re sure to reach your weight goal, live your life, and enjoy what you eat! Choose from traditional, vegetarian and low carb options.
Prices: For 2 meals a day, a traditional plan for women (1,200 calories per day) for 5 days amounts to $106.59 in my local area.