Women often have a love and hate relationship with their thighs and legs.
You probably have tried everything from running, Yoga and Pilates.
No matter what you’ve tried, it just seemed that there was no exercises to lose thigh fat.
You are not alone.
Most women consider their inner thighs their problem area and struggle to lose thigh fat.
Although research shows that spot reducing fat is not possible, there are thigh slimming exercises that are more effective than others.
When those inner thigh exercises are performed together as a circuit, they bring the best results.
They rev-up your metabolism, trigger your fat-burning hormones and utilize fat more efficiently as a form of energy to accelerate your fat loss and slim down in areas that are considered most stubborn and hard to lose (such as thighs, belly, and arms).
Lunges are one of the best thigh exercises that build strength, core stability, and balance.
When combined with other effective leg toning exercises such as squats and glute bridges, they make one effective circuit workout for both for your inner and outer thighs.
Target Muscles: Thighs, butt, hips and hamstrings
Although this lunge exercise is a bodyweight move, as your leg gets stronger, you will need to increase the intensity of the lunge.
When you are ready for a challenge, add a pair of dumbbells or hold a medicine ball in your hands as additional resistance.
How to Do a Valslide Reverse Lunge
- Stand with one foot on Valslide with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Look straight ahead, and keep your torso as upright as possible for the entire exercise with your lower back slightly arched.
- Keeping your abs engaged, slide back the foot on Valslide to the point that your back knee is almost parallel to the floor.
- Raise your back heel to be on your toes while making sure your weight is on the front heel.
- Go back to the starting position and repeat 10 times before switching sides.
Tips: Your front knee should not pass your toes.