This bodyweight exercise helps tighten your tricep muscles and lose the jiggle hanging from your arms. Please be advised that you are required to have shoulder flexibility and stability within the scapulothoracic region (back) to perform safely.
According to ACE research study, “bench dips are one of the most effective moves for eliciting a high level of activity in the triceps. They also stimulate nearby muscles including upper back and chest.” To ease up this exercise, bend your knees.
10-Mintue Workout to Toned Arms and Shoulders
The tricep muscles make up about 75 % of the upper arm muscles, so toning your triceps can help redefine the way your arms looks. Dips is one of the best tricep exercise to sculpt your upper arms and shoulders.
How to Do Dips Exercise
- Stand between the dip bars and grasp the dip machine handles with an overhand grip.
- Push your body up and balance yourself by keeping your elbows tucked in and extending your arms fully fully close to your body.
- Slowly lower your body down until your upper arms are parallel to the floor.
- Push up to return to the starting position. Repeat to complete the prescribed number of repetitions.
- This exercise is suitable for people with intermediate to advanced fitness level. Beginners should start with bench dips.
- Keep your torso upright as possible. Don’t lean forward.
- Keep your elbows close to your body throughout the movement.
- Keep abs and core engaged.
- If you find this exercise challenging, use a band or perform a modified dip, bench dip.
Dips exercise on a chair or step.
- Position a steady and secured bench, chair, or box behind your. Place your hands shoulder-width apart on the bench and your feet as far out as you can. Your arms should be extended but keep a slight bent in your elbows to keep tension off your elbow joint.
- Slowly lower your upper body towards the floor by bending at the elbows until your upper arms are parallel with the floor. Keep your elbows tucked into your sides.
- Once at the bottom, contract your triceps and push yourself back up to the starting position. Repeat 12-15 times.
|10-12||3||Easy||Gym or Home|
Focus on your form to get the mnost out of Tricep Dips.