Running in place or marching in place is not just for kids, moms can also benefit from this classic aerobic cardio exercise.
This exercise might seem simple, but it is a fat blaster workout that can generate a great deal of aerobic activity.
It can be done virtually almost anywhere except on concrete that are not advisable due to the high impact on the joint.
Benefits: The running in place increases the work of the heart rate and lungs.
It is as effective as any other forms of cardio exercises such as running, swimming and biking as long as you keep a steady pace and your heart rate up.
Here are other benefits you can leap from a cardio exercise such as Running in Place:
- Muscle Tone
- Weight Loss
- Lower Resting Heart Rate
- Lower Body Fat Percentage
- Higher Metabolism
- Increase calorie burn
Target Muscles: Total Body Arms, Abs, Calf, Quads,Hamstrings, Hips, and Butt
|60 secs||2-3||Easy||Gym or Home|
How to do it:
- Start by standing tall with your back straight and arms on your side. Lift your right knee and foot while lifting opposite arm.
- Bring your foot down to the ground and generate double foot contact as your opposite foot begin to lift off the ground.
- Keep a straight back and chest up throughout the movements.
- Toes pull toward the chins as foot is coming up.
- Press your foot to the ground and fully extend your bottom hip.