Partial leg squat is a great exercise to strengthen and sculpt the thighs. It’s a home friendly body weight exercise that doesn’t require a gym access or fitness equipment to perform. It’s a perfect exercise during your travel!
Although it’s a great thigh slimming exercise overall, it’s especially suitable and beneficial to women with weak knee and hip as it forces all of your leg stabilizer muscles to work to provide stability for both the knees and hips.
How to perform The Partial Leg Squat
- Stand on your right on a bench or box that’s about knee height. Hold your arms straight out in front of you.
- Balancing on your right foot, bend your right knee and push your hips back as you slowly lower your body to the point where you can still maintain good form. Which should be your breaking point.
- Pause, then push yourself back up to the standing position. Complete the prescribed number of repetitions. Once complete one side immediately switch to left side for the same number with your right side.
|6 -12||1-3||Medium||Gym or Home|
- Try 6 to 10 reps. If you’re a beginner, start with 6 reps on each side. If you have more experience and are ready to advance, try 10 reps on each side.
- keep torso as upright as possible throughout the exercise.
- Lower back should be naturally arched
- Brace your core