Dumbbell lateral raise is a great strength training exercise that strengthens and tones your shoulders muscles.
Shoulders are comprised of multiple muscles, but the primary one is the lateral deltoids.
This shoulder muscle is located on the side of the shoulders and work as a prime mover. It mainly works to abduct or move the arm away from the body.
There are several benefits to training your deltoids muscles.
One of the main reasons is to build strength in the shoulders. Strong and healthy shoulders do better job supporting the shoulder joints and balancing the muscles around the joints to prevent any muscular imbalances.
Another reason is better aesthetics. Well sculpted shoulders make your waist and hips look leaner and slimmer. They also look fabulous in open-back dresses and swimsuits.
They all spend a great deal of time working on their shoulders because they know healthy and defined shoulders broadcast good health and send a positive message of confident.
And, we have to admit. There is something extremely sexy and attractive about bare shoulders on a woman.
So how do they get sculpted shoulders? and how to tone your shoulders?
There is no single shoulder that works like a miracle, because everything that’s worth getting usually takes work!
But, the closest thing to the best shoulder workout is Dumbbell Lateral Raise.
I bet 9 out of 10 women with sexy shoulders perform the lateral raises. It’s almost unspoken rule of creating lean shoulders.
Here is why it’s the must-do exercise for toning your shoulders.
Lateral Raise is one the very few exercises that isolates the lateral deltoids, the middle of the three shoulder muscles (anterior, lateral, and posterior). This muscle isolation is the key to building lean shoulders.
Many shoulder exercises are compound exercises that work multiple shoulder muscles. While compound exercises are efficient and we often recommend, in the case of toning shoulders, they don’t target the lateral deltoids hard enough to build lean muscle.
You need this middle shoulder muscle to get the sexy, toned shoulder look and must do the exercise that does that best, and that is the dumbbell lateral raises.
|10-12||2-3||Easy||Gym or Home|
It is a beginner friendly exercise that can be performed by anyone from an exercise beginner to a professional athlete.
Benefits:Seated Dumbbell Lateral Raise mainly targets the middle shoulder muscle, lateral deltoids to build lean muscle in the region. It’s highly effective in building lean shoulders.
Target Muscles: Lateral Deltoids (Shoulders)
How to do it:
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand at your sides with palms facing in. Sit upright on a bench, chair, or Swiss Ball with your feet firmly on the floor.
- Engage your abs and keep your chest out and up.
- Keeping your elbows slightly bent, raise your arms to your sides until your elbows reach the shoulder level.
- Return and perform 10-12 repetitions.
- Keep the height of your elbows above or equal to the height of your wrists.
- Do not let your wrists flex. It can put pressure on the wrist joint.
- Do not let your wrists go above your elbows when raising your arms.
- This will trigger the front of your shoulders to work instead of the lateral deltoid.