Mountain climbers exercise is one of the best bodyweight exercises for both torching calories and building strength and endurance.
This metabolism boosting move burns mega-calories, strengthens your core, and tones the abs and thighs by simply working several rounds of a 30 second session.
Like any other exercise, to fully reap the benefits of mountain climbers, you have to do it right.
See the video and instructions below.
How to Do Mountain Climber Exercise
- Get down into a pushup position with your arms fully extended and positioned right underneath your shoulders. Form a straight line with your body from your head to heels.
- Lift your left foot off the floor and slowly raise your knee as close to chest as possible. Make sure you maintain a rigid torso and you don’t change your lower back position as you bring your knee towards the chest.
- Return to the starting position and repeat with your right leg Alternate back and forth for 30 seconds
- Push yourself as hard as you can for the entire 30 seconds as long as you can perform with good form.
Compared to other forms of cardio workouts, the mountain climber exercise is superior.
It combines the two factors, aerobics (cardio) and strength that are needed for successful fat and weight loss in one simple move.
|30 Secs||3-4||Medium||Gym or Home|
To reap the ultimate benefit of the mountain climber exercise, pair it with other bodyweight exercises to perform a full-body circuit workout.
To get you started, here is a sample bodyweight circuit workout great for all fitness levels.
- 30 Secs of burpees Exercise
- 30 Secs of V-Crunch
- 30 Secs of Mountain climbers Exercise
- 30 Secs of Superman Exercise
Perform each of exercise above right after another with little to no rest in between. After completing all four exercises, rest for 1min before starting a new set. Complete 3-4 rounds.